Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cherry Tomato & Bocconcini Skewers with Pesto

For my girls night in I made these Cherry Tomato and Bocconcini Skewers served with Pesto. They are seriously so easy to make and were a great accompaniment to a potato frittata.


I was looking for some fancy looking serving toothpicks and the only ones I found had paper flamencos on top and were $3 for 6. So I figured I could make some myself. I found some patterned paper at Spotlight for $1.90 a sheet and some wooden skewers from the supermarket.


Rule out lines and cut the flag strips


Put some glue on the strips and wrap around the stick


Easy Pesy


Cheap and easy


Now you have your skewers you can thread the food on. You'll need:
Punnet of cherry tomatoes
Tub of bocconcini (the bambini ones if you can find them which are smaller)
Pesto dip


Cut the tomatoes in half and keep the bocconcini whole (or if they're the larger ones cut them in half too) and start threading


Put the pesto in a bowl, arrange skewers on the plate and they are ready


Bon appetite! Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Food on a stick is always so much more fun to eat. I think the paper flags add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I love cherry tomatoes and bocconcini! Sounds like your girlie night was a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love this! So cute. Tucking this idea away!

    I also love the idea of serving fruit this way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!