Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Fish Tank + Wine Buffett

I thought I'd show you how my aquarium and wine buffet look in their new spot.

They were moved from the soon to be man cave (Mr P is doing a second coat of paint on the ceiling as I type this!) and into the old dining area.

As we've gone for the outside dining option, we are going to sell the old dining setting and this space is now perfect for a buffet along the wall, with plenty of room for bar stools along the kitchen bench so my girlfriends can all fit along and chat to me when I'm cooking up a storm. It leaves this area open for the future dream of having this as a walkway through to french doors and out onto the deck (just ignore the cabinet under the window it'll be moved back in the man cave once its painted).

Before 

After

Before

After

This aquarium was actually a housewarming present from Mr P who I'd been dating for about a month when I moved in with some friends .... who would've thought 2 years later we'd be moving into our own house together.

The other 2 fish tanks we had (yes we had 3 in total) we gave to friends when we were getting ready to renovate the Living Room.

I don't like the proper aquarium stands which are plain metal stands, practical but not very attractive so I found this wooden wine buffet second hand out of the quokka for about $200 and its perfect to sit the aquarium on and has cupboards and drawers for storage plus a wine rack in the middle for my wine collection so it is the perfect piece of furniture to be near the kitchen.




The fish are swimming around happily and enjoying the change of scenery. Its better light in here for them, there are lots of windows nearby so they'll see a bit of sunlight.

I love having them near the kitchen it gives me something to look at when I'm chopping veggies. Plus they'll be seen everyday so they'll be looked after and appreciated a lot better too.



The fish tank needs a bit of styling - I've kept it plain for now as I have a bit of a fun project in mind for the tankscape ... stay tuned for that!


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png
For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. looks great!

    i can see you have a couple of Angel fish in there and at least one Clown Loach - what else do you have? And do you only have the one Clown Loach? if so they are a social fish and should be kept in groups of around 4 to 5 - i have 14 of them in my big tank, they're so fun to watch :-D

    sorry for the 20 questions, aquariums are our hobby [we had 13 tanks at one stage - biggest was 6x2x2, smallest 3ft] and i used to work in a dedicated aquarium shop.

    we now only have 4 tanks two 6x2x2, a 4ft and a 5ft.

    they're slightly addictive!

    can't wait to see what you're going to do re aquascaping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!