Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Potato Salad With Mustard Dressing Recipe


Potato Salad With Mustard Dressing Recipe
(From Cookbook Inspiring Tastes by Masterfoods)

The potato salad is an iconic Aussie bbq dish. If someone asks me what to bring to a bbq, I'll always say potato salad please because I've never actually made it myself (besides a failed attempt when I forgot about the potatoes boiling but we won't mention that!) So when I was asked to bring a potato salad to a bbq on the weekend it was a chance to redeem myself. I picked this recipe for it's tangy dressing which I thought would hide any imperfections in my first potato salad - it was a winner and I'll definitely be making it again.

Ingredients:
1 kg potatoes, peeled
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
3 eggs, hard boiled

Mustard Dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
4 spring onions, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper

1. Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon for a few minutes until golden and crisp.
3. Peel the eggs and roughly chop.
4. Combine the potatoes, eggs, half the bacon and half the spring onions in a serving bowl.
5. Make the mustard dressing by combining the mayonnaise, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard and the remaining spring onions in a small bowl. Season with salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
6. Pour over the dressing and toss through. Garnish with bacon.


Playing along with Hummingbird's Song Baking Bliss (ok technically it's not baking but it's too delicious not to share!)
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. oh this sounds SO yummy!! i love potato salad, will be printing this out and adding it to my recipe list!

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks amazing! Will definitely have to try it at our next BBQ. Thanks for linking up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, this looks so good...I'm saving it...I've been looking for a tasty and easy potato salad recipe for ages and I think this could be it...thanks for sharing ;)
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!