Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Melbourne Cup Spring Racing

 
Today is Melbourne Cup Day - the Race That Stops The Nation!
 
The lucky people of Victoria have a Public Holiday so they can spend the day at the races enjoying the excitement of the day.
 
Us Perthians aren't as lucky but everybody still stops to watch the race - if customers or members of the public dare ring or visit any workplace during the hours of the race they are shamed as un-Australian!
 
My work is having a Spring Racing theme so we'll be wearing our best floral displays, take a punt in the $2 office sweep and watch the race.
 
One year I'd love to take off to Melbourne and enjoy the Cup first hand at the track dressed to impress! In the meantime I'll just admire all the fashions on the field from afar ...
 
 
 
 
 


 
Do you celebrate Melbourne Cup?
Check out my 2010 Melbourne Cup post here
 
 
[Images via My Pinterest  1, 2,  3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
 
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never really heard of Melbourne Cup, but those outfits looks amazing and so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fun! I would love to go to Australia and do some of those fun things- it seems like you guys are always doing awesome stuff! Plus it's so nice to hear about something besides the elections on a blog today! I'm dying!! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you. Hope you don't mind that I follow along!

    new follower :)
    Bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!