Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Clock and Art Wall Inspiration

I have been digging through my inspiration file and pondering where in my home I can create a quirky and fun, mix matched wall of clocks and artworks ...

 
I have a smallish wall next to the doorway between the Living Room and Kitchen/Dining Room that is the perfect place for a bit of creativity to be hung up.


I love the look of clocks in different styles and colours grouped together, I have about 5 clocks to hang and will most likely be tempted to add a few more to the collection.


The clocks won't be alone I want to work in some quirky artworks too, like a Spoon rock poster I was given by great friends who know my creativity and need to hang things! 

I also have a gorgeous tea towel by the talented Rob Ryan I've had folded in my linen cupboard for a few years after getting it free with Inside Out magazine.


I know the sound of ticking clocks annoys some people (like Mr P!) but it doesn't really bother me. So long as it's not right near my Bedroom and all I hear is the tick tock when trying to sleep that would drive me bananas.

Luckily the Kitchen is far enough away from the Bedroom to not really be an issue.


With the kitchen renovation beginning I can now work on my wall ... Get my clocks together and figure out which ones to use.

I'll need to find frames for the artwork poster and tea towel and maybe add some typography or a mirror to the mix too.
What do you think about Clock walls? Would it drive you bananas!


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

[Images via Pinterest 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I can't wait to see pictures once you put it all together =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those ideas for decorating. Got to love pinterest you can find anything on there.
    Kayleigh http://www.thewayiwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good point about the clocks ticking. I love the look of clocks and have often thought about doing a wall of them, but I am one of those people that can't stand the sound of ticking. Funny that has never registered with me before. I'm glad I read this blog post before going out and buying bunch of clocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh my sister is doing a clock wall... she has been amassing clocks from the markets for weeks now!

    I too never thought about the ticking noise. It's funny because I am almost deaf (I wear hearing aids just about 24/7) so all my life I have been used to hearing less than other people. Then when my hearing aids were upgraded, I could suddenly hear all these things I didn't even know made noises before - like the hum of computers, the ticking of clocks - and sometimes it drives me batty when I'm trying to write! I love to write in almost complete silence. But if the clock wall wasn't near my desk I would be okay with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!