Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Book Club: Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson

This was my 3rd turn to pick the book for The Tuesday Girls book club read for May. After my dismal choice last time and my lighthearted pick the first time I researched long and hard about what would be a great read for a group discussion and decided on Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson.
 
 
This is the story of a middle aged woman Christine who has an accident and loses her memory. Every day she wakes up she has no memory of the man she is married to, who her friends and family are, and how she came to where she is today.
 
As the story progresses Christine starts to see a Dr who wants to help her regain her memory and suggests she keep a journal so she can write down her day and remember things. Day by day Christine writes the things she has learnt in her diary from what her husband tells her before he leaves for work and what the Dr tells her when she secretly meets with him and she slowly starts to piece together her life.
 
This is a great thriller/suspense book and kept me turning the pages to see what was going to happen. You want Christine to learn more about herself so you can see her get help and work out what happened to her and the whole time you know someone caused this accident but you're just not sure who.
 
I would recommend this book to everyone, I think it's a great read for young and old and makes you appreciate the simple things in life like waking up every morning and knowing who you are and why you love those closest to you.
 
I give this book 4 stars
 
Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read
 
[Image via Angus and Robertson]
 
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I loved this book! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an intriguing storyline actually. I wouldn't mind reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I am going to add it to my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, am going to read it, assuming I can get it on my iPad xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, although I don't read suspense very often this sounds like a good one. Thanks for linking in. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a book club choice. We had a good discussion.

    Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved June Edition. I am in the list as #31.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Entry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!