Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Indoor Bench Seats - Yay or Nay?!

I've been hunting high and low for bench seats to go with a dining table for our soon to be finished dining area but I'm still unsure of exactly what will work in the space. I had visions of a funky bench seat piled with cushions for along the wall and a dining table that can be pushed right up against the wall with the bench seats sitting neatly underneath and pulled out when we need extra room.
 
Unfortunately all the bench seats I've found look a little outdoorsy which is not the style I'm going for - I want a bench style but something that's comfortable to sit on for long dinners over lots of wine and conversation! Here's a few that I've found but I'm not convinced I'm on the right track with the whole bench seat idea ...
Freedom Furniture Brunch set $799
Freedom Furniture Boulder set $1799
  
Ikea Sigurd Red Bench $149


The Chair and Table Warehouse Perth - Replica Barcelona Bench
 
The Chair and Table Warehouse Perth - U Bench

I'm beginning to wonder if the idea of this style of dining is really the right choice after the round up of bench seats I've found so far. It is a great space saving idea but when it comes to finding something that is going to look good along side my shiny new kitchen that has proven to be a little more difficult to come by.

What do you think about bench seats for dining - Yay or Nay?

 
[Images via Pinterest 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - find me here]
 
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. What about bench along the wall side, and chairs for the other side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a brilliant idea Blythe, one bench and seats, that could definately work. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I think whatever you go with, make sure it's comfortable. I like the idea of padded seating with a back along the wall and then chairs on the other side...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Im with you it has to be comfortable and a back support too. Thanks Amanda :)

      Delete
  3. Bench seats are great space savers, maybe not so comfortable for dinner parties, unless it's against a wall and you can lean back. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them, but when they are wooden and just on one side of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im a yay girl......and i do likt them missed with chairs as well, im sure whatever you chose will look great xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of them, esp the upholstered ones. But they may not be most comfortable for sitting on for long periods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The upholstered ones are really nice but would probably have to get that custom made I havent seen any around Perth ... Thanks Trishie your nursery is looking adorable :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!