Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 30, 2013

Recipe: Caprese Style Pasta Salad

I made this tasty pasta salad for the footy festivities on the weekend, it was great for a crowd and also a meal in one for vegetarians that don't like BBQ food. I had it both cold and warm and it was delicious either way, I'll definitely be making it again.
 
Caprese Style Pasta Salad
Super Food Ideas Magazine, November 2011
 
Ingredients
750g packet bow tie pasta
1/2 cup basil pesto
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1.5 cups fresh basil leaves
3 tomatoes, roughly chopped (or I used 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved)
180g tub baby bocconcini, halved


Method
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
2. Combine pesto and vinegar in a small jug.
3. Place basil, tomato, bocconcini and cooled pasta in a large bowl.
4. Add pesto mixture. Season with salt and cracked pepper.
5. Toss to combine and serve.

 
Note: This dish is best eaten at room temperature so only refrigerate if you won't be eating it straight away. With the leftovers I heated it in the microwave for a minute and served it warm and it was just as yummy.
 
 
[All images my own]
 
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy and healthy! Def. going to add it to my side dish folder on Pinterest! :d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. I make a similar salad for us quite often in summer but without the pasta so will throw some of that in next time. Hope you had a great party x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe for summer entertaining, Gina! Thanks for sharing. It was so nice to meet you at BlogHer this past weekend. pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!