Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Recipe: Baked Brie With Garlic and Lemon Thyme

I have been obsessed with making baked brie lately, it's a fairly inexpensive and very tasty dish to serve as a starter for a few to share. I first tried it at a friend's MKR French Dinner Party and I was absolutely blown away and now I've made it three times in the last month! 
 
You can use any fresh herbs, this one is with lemon thyme but I've tried with rosemary too and it was delicious. Also, if  you don't like the strong garlic flavour pour boiling water over the clove before you slice it and it won't be as garlicy.
 

Baked Brie With Garlic And Lemon Thyme

Ingredients

Brie - any size
1 sprig lemon thyme - or any fresh herbs
1 clove garlic, sliced thinly
Bread stick
Rosemary
Olive oil
Salt

Method

1. Cut a few slits in the top of the brie with a knife and push in a piece of garlic and sprig of thyme into each alternate slit

2. Place brie on top of baking paper and cut a circle around the paper with a knife. Then wrap the brie in another piece of baking paper.
 

3. Place on an oven tray and bake at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes

4. Remove wrapped paper and leave brie on the round paper, bake uncovered for a further 5 minutes until cheese is melted
 

5. For the croutons, slice a bread stick into even slices and thread a few onto rosemary sticks

6. Lay the rosemary sticks and remaining slices on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt and scatter some rosemary leaves over the top

7. Bake in the oven with the cheese for about 10 minutes or until crunchy


Serve baked brie and croutons on a cheese board with sliced apple, seedless grapes and nuts

So delicious!

Linking up with:
 

 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, such a wonderful dish. Love how you added rosemary. Such comfort food. Happy September from your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this would work with any fresh herbs :) Nice to meet you Linda!

      Delete
  2. I bought brie the other day and we just had it plain with crackers... this looks SO much better! In fact, I wish I could eat this right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop it in the oven next time Carrie you wont regret it!

      Delete
  3. I am an absolute nut for Baked Brie. This looks mouthwateringly delicious, and I like your addition of lemon thyme. I grow thyme, but not the lemon variety. I should, I know, but space is limited for me as I do most of my gardening in containers on my deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised there are so many different varieties of thyme too, normal thyme would be just as delicious :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!