Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Decorating With A Bright And Happy Vibe This Christmas

I put up the Christmas tree and decorated the house the other weekend and love how it instantly transforms the mood at home.

Summer is on it's way. Work shuts down and there's time to relax at home. Catch up with friends and family. There's lots of fun times to be had. It already feels extra special this year because Mr P and I are engaged there's a loved up, warm and fuzzy feeling happening!


Last year was absolute madness because we hosted our very first Christmas lunch for 30 of Mr P and I's family and in a word it was EPIC! 

This year it will be much more relaxed, so relaxed I haven't finished my present shopping yet, but not too many more gifts to buy.

I'm loving lots of colour this year and for the Christmas Tree I have used pink, purple, blue and silver. Every year Mr P tells me our tree is too big and every year as I knock ornaments off as I walk past I say you can never have a big enough Christmas Tree!



Typo have come to the party again with some gorgeous Xmas ornaments this year and I was very chuffed to see my cheeky Typo lightbox quote was featured in the Typo newsletter and social media pages last week!



I did a little DIY project and painted a rusty birdcage with Dulux Duramax Spray Paint in GoGo Blue and filled it with baubles and of course you can't have a birdcage without a a bird! I'll be doing a write up and hosting a giveaway for these gorgeous spray paints from Dulux in the new year, so stay tuned for that!



A collection of my glass domes sitting pretty on my Marguerite Dore plate which took pride of place on my Christmas table last year. 


My house plants have my special ornaments on them, I even have a reindeer that used to poop lollies (yes it's as charming as it sounds!) and I just can't bare to part with it, so each year it finds a new hang out!



How is your home decorated for Christmas this year?


Check out my previous Christmas decorating over here:
2009 - Our first Christmas in Jarrah Jungle
2010 - Christmas when renovation 
2011 - Christmas tree blue and silver
2012 - Christmas tree with pink, purple, blue and silver, Christmas vignetteMerry Mantle
2013 - Christmas tree with pink, purple, blue and silver

Sharing with link party:

 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I love your lettered sign, I am sure it is fun to think of phrases to put on it every season... also love the ornaments in the bird bath, so cute! Enjoy your engagement during the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lightbox is still my favourite toy and I got it for under $50 too! Thanks Carrie, yes very excited about the engagement celebrations xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle, just stopped by to let you know you've been featured today over at Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!