Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Book Review: The Maxwell Sisters By Loretta Hill

This is a book review of The Maxwell Sisters by Loretta Hill which was recently published on 3 January 2015.

Loretta Hill is a well known author from Perth, Western Australian my very home town! Loretta is one of my favourite authors since reading The Girl In The Yellow Vest and now this book, I'm hooked she's just brilliant. Loretta in her spare time enjoys reading, good food, great wine, and travel, a woman after my own heart!


The Maxwell family have a winery in Margaret River, a beautiful wine growing region of Western Australia. The 3 Maxwell sisters grow up and move out of their family home and each is focused on their own lives, careers, family, and love interests and it's only when one of the sisters is planning a wedding on their family's estate, that they all return home to help with the wedding preparation.

Whilst this is a romance story, it's not the fairy dust romantic kind, but the real life dramas, ups and downs, and serious issues that each of the sisters are dealing with in their own lives. The story includes their parents who are growing older and also have their own change of life they are going through.

The writing is upbeat and witty and with the various love interests and dramas happening all the way through the story it was engaging and a really easy book to read.

I loved the references to wineries and places of interest in and around Margaret River, being a regular visitor there myself I could picture the bakery in Dunsborough and the wineries in the region. I also loved the talk of working on the winery, the variety of grapes grown, and how they are harvested,  I think this added an authentic element to the story and I'm sure the author enjoyed researching the wineries (and wine!) for this book.

I recommend this book to wine lovers who like a bit of light hearted romance.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up the last tim tam for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


The Maxwell Sisters can be purchased from Random House Australia 

Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley 

You can find the author's website here

Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this eBook published by Random House Australia to review. As always, all opinions are my own. 


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[Image via Random House Australia]

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! 5 out of 5... another to add to my must reads xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was a perfect score Amanda and I dont often hand those out!
      You will love the references to Margaret River etc too :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an enjoyable, light read.

    I need to go that route sometimes. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved February Edition. I am in the list as #11.

    My book entry is below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Entry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!