Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 24, 2015

Book Review And Preview: The Saddler Boys By Fiona Palmer

This is a book review and sneak preview of The Saddler Boys by Fiona Palmer that is due to be published by Penguin Books Australia on 23 September 2015.

Fiona Palmer is an Australian author who has written a number of rural romance novels. Fiona lives in a tiny town of Pingaring in Western Australia and spends her time writing, working as a farm hand, helping out in the community and looking after her two children.


This is the story of 22 year old city girl Natalie from Perth who moves to a country town in Western Australia to be a school teacher for a year in a tiny remote school.

Natalie takes a liking to one of her school kids Billy and single dad Drew aka The Saddler Boys. They soon become friends and show Natalie what life is like in farming country - shearing sheep, bomb fires in the paddock and being a part of a close knit community.

Natalie is torn between leaving her family, friends and fiance in the city and living her dream of teaching and living in a country town that she's growing to love.

I really enjoyed the writing style, it was a sweet romance, easy to follow and down to earth. I also liked all the characters in the story, in fact they were so realistic I think I may even know some of those country folk and stereotypes!

I was drawn to this book mostly because it's based in my home town of Perth, Western Australia and I love stories about our sunburnt land especially when there's a bit of romance thrown in. I could relate to the country town, farm and school as I grew up in a very similar environment and that is another reason why I enjoyed this book because I could relate to it.

I recommend this book to romance fans and anyone interested in Australian farm life.

I give this book 4 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


The Saddler Boys can be purchased from the author here and Penguin Books here


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley

Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Penguin Books Australia to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter



[Image via Penguin Books Australia

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice and easy read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very easy reading and I especially loved that it was based in Perth my home town :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!