Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, December 14, 2015

Book Review: The Taco Cleanse By Wes Allison, Stephanie Bogdanch, Molly Frisinger and Jessica Morris

This is a book review of The Taco Cleanse by Wes Allison, Stephanie Bogdanch, Molly Frisinger and Jessica Morris that was recently published by The Experiment on 1 December 2015.

This book is written by a group of taco scientists - Wes, Stephanie, Molly and Jessica who live in Tacotopia - Austin, Texas. They introduced the taco cleanse at the 2013 Vegan Month of Food by eating tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 30 days.


This is a very funny cookbook that compares itself to the Paleo and South Beach diets that all deprive you from eating your favourite foods. Well not this cookbook - it claims the plant based tortilla diet rewards your body with what it naturally craves - with dishes like refried beans and guacamole. In fact it goes as far as to say it's proven to change your life by eating tacos every day!

It has 75 delicious looking vegan inspired recipes to try. It even shows you how to make your own tortillas, salsas and sauces, salads, fillings, drinks and more.

I love Mexican food and cook tacos or chilli con carne about twice a month but that's about all the Mexican cuisine I've mastered - now I have a heap of Mexican inspired dishes to try. I also have Meatless Mondays where I cook a vegetarian dish once a week, so these vegan recipes will be great inspiration for my menu plan.

I recommend this book to taco food fans and anyone with a sense of humour in the kitchen. This would also make a great Christmas gift for foodies.

I give this book 4 stars out of 5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


The Taco Cleanse can be purchased from the authors here and The Experiment Publishing


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley

Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by The Experiment Publishing to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!