Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 20, 2017

First Comes Love. Then Comes Marriage. Then Comes .....

I mentioned some exciting news in my 2017 one word blog post but just in case you missed it

First comes love, 
Then comes marriage, 
Then comes a baby in a baby carriage .... 
That's right - Mr P and I are going to be parents with our little one due in May!



As a first time Mum I'm excited, happy, nervous and a little bit shit scared all at once!

Mr P and I have thought long and hard over the years about this next venture in our lives into parenthood and feel the time is right and are really looking forward to what the future brings in starting our own little family.

We have told all our family and friends the news face to face before we shared it with the world and it has been so wonderful seeing the happiness it has brought to everyone - especially my parents as it will be their very first grandchild (just wait until you see my DIY announcement and how we told them the news) !

As you can see our rescue dog Lexi is also beyond thrilled to be promoted to big sister!


I've been a career woman for 20 years working in the city 5 days a week and what a change it's going to be in my new role as a stay at home Mum. I'm taking a whole year off work to go on maternity leave and stay at home and look after my little one. What a great country we live in to be given the option of maternity leave and job security knowing that my job will be held for me to return to.

I am actually quite looking forward to the change and being able to spend more time at home being a domestic goddess. I'm hoping I'll have time to bake treats for Mr P's lunchbox and cook yummy dinners for us, keep on top of the housework and be a real domestic goddess ..... But I know the reality is I'll probably spend most of my day covered in baby vomit, serving up burnt toast for dinner and with all those baby clothes to wash I'll probably never see the bottom of my laundry basket again!

BUT what an adventure this next life chapter will be!



Practically speaking the first thing Mr P and I started to consider is where we will live and raise our little one - we are torn between the big decision of moving to a bigger family home now or staying in our beloved Jarrah Jungle where we have lived for over 7 years and re-organise a few rooms so we can fit in a nursery.

We have been researching suburbs which are good for young families and have been stalking houses for sale online every day and have been to a few home opens on the weekends too. If we don't find our dream home soon then we will stop house hunting and stay put in our Jarrah Jungle home and have a big spring clean out and get it family friendly ready!

We have been powering through an epic to do list to finish the last of our renovating projects to get the house all finished so that we can put the tools down and focus on spending time as a family for a while.


Where ever we end up I'm so excited about designing and decorating the nursery. I've helped a couple of friends set up their nursery and shared ideas on furniture, layout and decor and now I'll be putting those practical and pretty ideas together for an awesome nursery for our own little one.

If you follow me on Pinterest I apologise in advance for the nursery inspiration I have been pinning lately there are so many beautiful nursery designs I'll be sharing my nursery inspiration on the blog soon.

Holy duly I can't believe I'm going to be a mumma! 

First time Mum to be advice is welcome and encouraged!!


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. My Nathan was born in May and I have to say, I love having a May baby (well, he's not a baby anymore). That is wonderful you can take a leave from work for a year, I was only given the option of 3 months (which I took!) and not all of it was paid. It would have been nice not to have to pump at work! I bet you will make a wonderful mom and domestic goddess!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a May baby as well Carrie I agree it is a great month and over here it will be Autumn going into Winter so I'll be able to wrap them up in cosy outfits and won't have to deal with the stinking hot summer weather! Yes we can have up to a year off and we get paid for about 3 months of that time the rest is unpaid, I'm very lucky our government is so supportive of working Mums x

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!